You have to finish something and resolve it. That kind of perseverance is essential for a comic artist.
Anton Kannemeyer is a comic creator and satirical fine artist. Anton is the co-founder of the Magazine Bitterkomix and the creator of Alphabet of Democracy and Pappa in Afrika.
I’m excited to have Anton on the show today. We have an amazing discussion about his journey, comics, fine art, and fulfillment. Anton shares an incredible journey that contains so much value for the aspiring creator. Perseverance, passion, time management, and fulfillment are only a handful of the topics that we cover in this interview. Get ready to get inspired and have a pen handy because your going to want to take notes.
- Making comics when there is no audience for it
- Strategies to sell comics
- Underground comics and expressing your voice
- Dealing with negative criticism
- Artistic fulfillment
- Fine arts vs Comics
- Driven by the passion to create
- Why you should keep reading
- Creators Anton is loving right now |
- Helge Reumann
- Guy Delisle
- Noah Van Skiver
- Anders Nilsen
- Jillian Tamaki
- Raina Telgemeier
- Personal habit | Consistency
- Tool Recommendation | Faber Castell Pens
- Book Recommendation | Extinction – Thomas Bernhard
- What would Anton say | Focus on experimenting more
Links and Resources
Thanks For Listening
Thank you for joining me today. Any feedback that you would like to share? Leave a message in the comments section below.
If you like this episode, please share it using the social media buttons after this post
Also, please leave an honest rating and review on iTunes and subscribe to the show if you haven’t already. Ratings and reviews are enormously helpful and greatly appreciated! They help with the rankings of the podcast. I read every single review and I am so grateful for your time.
Thank you Anton, for joining me on this episode of Comics Manifest
Subscribe to Comics Manifest
Sign up for FREE updates